Fortune Favours the Brave

This quote has really helped me over the past year or so.

I have spent a lot of my life overwhelmed with anxiety; this include over things like exams,being left on my own, spiders, ghosts and even some people.

Over the past couple of years I have been working hard at improving my mental health and anxiety levels and I think I've improved a lot. Obviously, there have been times of increased stress, as there will be for everyone, but I feel like I've dealt with this well since identifying my anxiety and how I can try to improve situations.

During one of these stressful and anxious periods last summer (dreaded exams) I stumbled across the quote "Fortune favours the brave" and I instantly was able to apply it to myself.
I thought if I was able to keep being brave by studying and sitting the exams I would be in a much better situations than if I let anxiety take over myself. Basically, fortune would favour me for bravery in the form of sitting these exams. And it did. I revised hard and sat my exams no matter how scared I was. I was rewarded by my good results last summer which I am immensely proud of.

I'm glad I found this quote, it gave me that boost of motivation to overcome my fears and go out and get what I wanted. I'm still using it for motivation and reassurance today. I will be applying for uni and facing interviews for mental health nursing so I shall be referring myself back to it a lot! It shouldn't be too hard as it is now stuck on my bedroom wall haha!

I hope this quote will be useful to some of you.

Take care,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment